Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Follow up ques on using Listings

When I go to validate and listing and hit f3 I get a list of listings. How
can I delete listings that are no longer needed or empty?
--
Thanks Everyone
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

When I go to validate and listing and hit f3 I get a list of listings. How
can I delete listings that are no longer needed or empty?

The defined range's source list has to be edited at source, ie where it is.
You could just click Paste List to see where it is (ensure the adjacent cell
to the right is empty). The better route to maintain defined ranges would be
to click on Insert Name Define, select the particular defined range, and
it'll show you where exactly lies the source list in the Refers to box. Go
there, edit the items (eg clear the obsolete source items, etc), then go back
to Insert Name Define to edit the shortened range in the Refers to box.
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Thanks Max Got it
Welcome, but pl take a moment to rate the response from where you're reading
this. Press the "Yes" button like the ones below.