Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CMIConnie

Default Ques. about LINK in my workbook

Everytime I open my workbook, it asks if I want to update the information
that it is linked to. I don't recall creating a link to any worksheets in my
workbook. Last week, I copied and pasted an entire worksheet into a new
worksheet in my workbook, but I didn't create a link. Is there a way to find
out what my workbook is trying to link to? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

After opening your file, click on EDIT and then select LINKS. If LINKS is
greyed out the file does not contain any, and if not it will display a list
of linked files with a number of options concerning the updating of links.
--
Kevin Backmann

"CMIConnie" wrote:

Everytime I open my workbook, it asks if I want to update the information
that it is linked to. I don't recall creating a link to any worksheets in my
workbook. Last week, I copied and pasted an entire worksheet into a new
worksheet in my workbook, but I didn't create a link. Is there a way to find
out what my workbook is trying to link to? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CMIConnie

Thank you, Kevin... How do I know if the link is crucial, and is there a way
to delete it? Did copying the cells from the linked worksheet to my workbook
create the link?

"CMIConnie" wrote:

Everytime I open my workbook, it asks if I want to update the information
that it is linked to. I don't recall creating a link to any worksheets in my
workbook. Last week, I copied and pasted an entire worksheet into a new
worksheet in my workbook, but I didn't create a link. Is there a way to find
out what my workbook is trying to link to? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

In the source file that you copied from, the links were entered into specific
cells as formulas, so when you did your copy/paste the formulas were pasted
into the new workbook

To help you locate links you can click on TOOLS, select OPTIONS and if
necessary, click the VIEW tab in the dialog box. The last panel on the VIEW
page is Window Options, turn on FORMULAS to display them in the worksheet.

You can also use FIND to locate cells that have links by searching for the
file names of the linked workbooks.

Hope this helps...
--
Kevin Backmann

"CMIConnie" wrote:

Everytime I open my workbook, it asks if I want to update the information
that it is linked to. I don't recall creating a link to any worksheets in my
workbook. Last week, I copied and pasted an entire worksheet into a new
worksheet in my workbook, but I didn't create a link. Is there a way to find
out what my workbook is trying to link to? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CMIConnie

Thank you again. I have saved your reply and I'm sure it will help me solve
my problem. Thank you for your time, and you've been very helpful...