Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default name listings

I have several name lists in which each of the names are entered in single
cells
as first name last name, is there a formula to reverse the order? Example'
Jane Doe changed to Doe Jane within the same cell.
--
halegria
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not within the same cell, but if you could use a helper column of cells, you
could use a formula like:

With the name in A1, you could use this in B1:
=MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)+1,LEN(A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1)-1)

hugoalegria wrote:

I have several name lists in which each of the names are entered in single
cells
as first name last name, is there a formula to reverse the order? Example'
Jane Doe changed to Doe Jane within the same cell.
--
halegria

--

Dave Peterson