Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Default Loss of fidelity question

I have a workbook that was originally created in Excel 2003. It has multiple
links to other workbooks. When I go to save the data, I receive a message
that states there is a minor loss of fidelity. "Some formulas are linked to
other workbooks that are closed.....Characters beyond the 255 character limit
cannot be returned." When I click on Find in the Compatibility Checker, it
shows 5 cells as the problem. The cells contain If statements. I don't
understand what the problem is though. The formulas only contain 126
characters. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much!!

=IF('H:\Evaluations\Test 2008-2009\[questions.xls]Sheet1'!A2<0,
'H:\Evaluations\Test 2008-2009\[questions.xls]Sheet1'!A2, "")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try to open questions.xls before trying to save your file.

The warning is because Excel does not know, at the time of saving, what your
formula will return... evern otherwise in case of IF statement it might not
know the result and issue a warning...

If it is not an issue, then save it in 2007 format.
--
If you find this post helpful pl. choose "Yes"...