Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue Sue is offline

Default Loss of fidelity question

I have a workbook that was originally created in Excel 2003. It has multiple
links to other workbooks. When I go to save the data, I receive a message
that states there is a minor loss of fidelity. "Some formulas are linked to
other workbooks that are closed.....Characters beyond the 255 character limit
cannot be returned." When I click on Find in the Compatibility Checker, it
shows 5 cells as the problem. The cells contain If statements. I don't
understand what the problem is though. The formulas only contain 126
characters. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much!!

=IF('H:\Evaluations\Test 2008-2009\[questions.xls]Sheet1'!A2<0,
'H:\Evaluations\Test 2008-2009\[questions.xls]Sheet1'!A2, "")