Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing data via an external database query

The following query works fine using Access:

SELECT PMC_VAR_MELT_INFORMATION.ARC_STRIKE_TIME,
PMC_VAR_MELT_INFORMATION.COOL_STOP_TIME
FROM ((PMC_VAR_HEAT_INFORMATION INNER JOIN PMC_VAR_ELECTRODE_INFORMATION ON
PMC_VAR_HEAT_INFORMATION.HEAT_ID = PMC_VAR_ELECTRODE_INFORMATION.HEAT_ID)
INNER JOIN PMC_VAR_MELT_INFORMATION ON
PMC_VAR_ELECTRODE_INFORMATION.ELECTRODE_ID =
PMC_VAR_MELT_INFORMATION.ELECTRODE_ID) INNER JOIN [Electrode first and last
melt ID] ON PMC_VAR_MELT_INFORMATION.MELT_ID = [Electrode first and last melt
ID].Melt_ID
WHERE ((("8"+Mid$([PMC_VAR_HEAT_INFORMATION.HEAT_NUMBER],2,1))=85))
ORDER BY PMC_VAR_MELT_INFORMATION.ARC_STRIKE_TIME;

If I try to create the same query in Excel by copying the SQL statement from
Access, Excel displays the message: Could not add table
'((PMC_VAR_HEAT_INFORMATION'

Is this statement too complex for an Excel query?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm guessing here.

PMC_VAR_MELT_INFORMATION is a table in the Access database where you wrote
(and executed) the original query.

I suspect the problem is that Excel has no idea where to find this table.

--
Ian
--
"rtiguy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

PMC_VAR_MELT_INFORMATION is an external Oracle table. In Excel I use the same
ODBC data source that I use in Access to connect to the Oracle database so it
can find the table. A simple select query on this table using Excel works
correctly.