Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing Data via Database Query

I am successfuly importing data into Excel from an Access query, and have
used the "Import External Data" function within Excel to do so.

My spreadsheet imports a list of employee numbers and names in columns A and
B, and in columns C through X the spreadsheet is used to track daily sick
time leave taken. I have set up the data import query to add a new row when
an additional record is found in the query. My expectation was that when a
new employee name is found, the entire dataset would shift down by one row
when the new row is added. Is my expectation incorrect, or am I doing
something wrong, because the sick time data does not "follow" with its
appropriate employee when a new employee name is found.