Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can i calculate overtime give formula for 24 hrs clock

When I try to calculate the overtime of the Evenign AND Night shift the time
will not calculate exactley..
give me some 1 formula which show me the different of the time between login
and logout.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have day and time in the same cell, then difference would be

end - start

If you have date in a different cell and people work overnight, then you
need to have end date - start date + end time - start time

Format cells as hh:mm

"Sanjay Raut" wrote:

When I try to calculate the overtime of the Evenign AND Night shift the time
will not calculate exactley..
give me some 1 formula which show me the different of the time between login
and logout.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Next time use the word "please" as well

=MOD(end-start,1)

will give you a correct time value if start is before midnight and end is
after.

Peo Sjoblom