Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add decimal to number

I have a column of 5 digit numbers like this:
15055
15060
15071

I would like add a decimal after 3 digits and 0 to the end to show:
150.550
150.600
150.710

What would be the best way to accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe this:

Enter 100 in an empty cell
Copy that cell: EditCopy
Select the cells you want to change
Then: EditPaste SpecialDivideOK
Now, format those cells as NUMBER 3 decimal places

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"evoxfan" wrote in message
I have a column of 5 digit numbers like this:
15055
15060
15071

I would like add a decimal after 3 digits and 0 to the end to show:
150.550
150.600
150.710

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1/100 and format the cell to display 3 digits
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200806

"evoxfan" wrote:

I have a column of 5 digit numbers like this:
15055
15060
15071

I would like add a decimal after 3 digits and 0 to the end to show:
150.550
150.600
150.710

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way
Sub dodigits()
For i = 1 To 6