snickers22

Default How to convert a decimal number to a non-decimal number?

I'm looking to convert a decimal number(3.75) to a non-decimal number(375)
using a formulas. as I have hundreds of these to do.
N Harkawat

=--SUBSTITUTE(A1,".","")
and copy the formula down

"snickers22" wrote in message
I'm looking to convert a decimal number(3.75) to a non-decimal number(375)
using a formulas. as I have hundreds of these to do.

Chip Pearson

Why not something like

=A1*100

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"snickers22" wrote in
message
I'm looking to convert a decimal number(3.75) to a non-decimal
number(375)
using a formulas. as I have hundreds of these to do.

BOB

Try
In a blank cell enter 100. Copy this cell and then highlight the cells you
want to convert. Right click and click paste special select values and
multiply.

HTH

"snickers22" wrote:

I'm looking to convert a decimal number(3.75) to a non-decimal number(375)
using a formulas. as I have hundreds of these to do.

Ken Wright

Are all your numbers 2 decimal places or are some greater. Assuming you
have a mix, put 100 in a cell, copy the cell, select all your values at once
and do Edit / Paste special / Multiply. Now format all the cells so that
you only see integers and then do Tools / Options / Calculation tab / Check
precision as displayed. Hit OK and then go back in and uncheck it. Note
though that you will lose any decimal data anywhere in that tab.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03