Margo

Default How do i convert a number of seconds to a date/time?

I have some system logs that have a number that is either a serial number or
the number of seconds. I have tried to use the Convert function, format the
cell to date/time, but it doesn't look reasonable. I've read that serial
numbers start at 1/1/1900, but this would put my date/time at september 2005,
and we aren't there yet. :) Any suggestions and ideas would be helpful.
Bob Phillips

Margo,

Time is stored as a fraction of 1 day, dates as the number of date from
01/01/1900. Today, 9:00PM has a value of 38,356.88.

If your number is in seconds, divide it by 86,400 (24*60*60) to get a
date/time number.

--

HTH

RP

"Margo" wrote in message
I have some system logs that have a number that is either a serial number

or
the number of seconds. I have tried to use the Convert function, format

the
cell to date/time, but it doesn't look reasonable. I've read that serial
numbers start at 1/1/1900, but this would put my date/time at september

2005,
and we aren't there yet. :) Any suggestions and ideas would be

helpful.88