Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cannot delete filtered rows in excel 2007

I recently got Office 2007 and have issues deleting visible rows in a
filtered range. Before in 2003, I could highlight the entire set of rows in
the filtered range and delete them. Now, the only way I can figure to do it
is to just select the range of cells with data and not the entire row. This
seems to be going backwards to me. Does anyone know if there is a fix or
better way to do this.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Cindy

With the range selected use the shortcut
Alt ; or F5SpecialVisible cells onlyOK
To select only the Visible cells.

Is your range a table ????

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Cindy E" wrote in message ...
I recently got Office 2007 and have issues deleting visible rows in a
filtered range. Before in 2003, I could highlight the entire set of rows in
the filtered range and delete them. Now, the only way I can figure to do it
is to just select the range of cells with data and not the entire row. This
seems to be going backwards to me. Does anyone know if there is a fix or
better way to do this.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I didn't think it was a table, but when I go to the table menu it allowed me
to convert to data range and then I could delete as normal. I don't know how
my spreadsheet turned into a table to begin with, but it worked. Thank you
very much.

"Cindy E" wrote in message ...
I recently got Office 2007 and have issues deleting visible rows in a
filtered range. Before in 2003, I could highlight the entire set of rows in
the filtered range and delete them. Now, the only way I can figure to do it
is to just select the range of cells with data and not the entire row. This
seems to be going backwards to me. Does anyone know if there is a fix or
better way to do this.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Cindy

If your range is a table the activecell must be in the table as I remember correct.
I always use the shortcut ( Alt ; ) to be sure I select only the visible cells in the selection.