Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - Deleting Filtered Rows

In a spreadsheet, I use filter to show only rows that I want to delete. The
filter function will show correct view - I have checked and there's no
problem here. However, when I delete those rows, SOMETIMES it will delete all
rows that I want to keep as well, as if the filter function did not work.
This happens few times, NOT ALWAYS. And, this concerns me whether or not I
can rely on the filter function in regards of deleting rows. If I work with
large volume of data, this will definitely cause problem in term of accuracy.
My collegue has experienced the same thing eventhough we obtained the Office
2007 package seperately.

Has anybody experienced this too? If so, what is the fix?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Marcia

There are more people that report this but I never see it with AutoFilter.
To be sure use the shortcut Alt ; or F5SpecialVisible cells onlyOK to select only the Visible cells.

Btw: do you filter in a table ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Marcia" wrote in message ...
In a spreadsheet, I use filter to show only rows that I want to delete. The
filter function will show correct view - I have checked and there's no
problem here. However, when I delete those rows, SOMETIMES it will delete all
rows that I want to keep as well, as if the filter function did not work.
This happens few times, NOT ALWAYS. And, this concerns me whether or not I
can rely on the filter function in regards of deleting rows. If I work with
large volume of data, this will definitely cause problem in term of accuracy.
My collegue has experienced the same thing eventhough we obtained the Office
2007 package seperately.

Has anybody experienced this too? If so, what is the fix?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

press alt/; first (same as F5/Special/Visible cells only). Now that the
visible cells are the only ones selected, deleting them should not be a
problem.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP