Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding more sort fields to the SORT Dialog Box

Does anyone know if there is a way to add more sort fields to the sort dialog
box? I have a spreadsheet that I need to sort and it would be a lot easier
if I could sort four different columns.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think it can be done...
Suppose you want to sort on AxBxCxDxE
You need to sort on the lower importance columns (D and E) first and then on
the higher importance (A and B) to get what you want

"Doug V." wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to add more sort fields to the sort dialog
box? I have a spreadsheet that I need to sort and it would be a lot easier
if I could sort four different columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, it can be done, but you need to create a custom sort order. It is
fairly well detailed in the HELP section, do a search on SORT, then select
USE YOUR OWN DATA AS THE SORT ORDER.
--
John C