Teres

Default Can I sort a list with more than three fields?

Dear all,

I use Excel XP. If I choose from the Menu, DataSort ... I can only specify
three fields heading to sort data. How can I sort more than three fields?
For example, I want to sort with the follwong four fields: country, prodcut
catagories, product and vendor!
------------------
Country Product Catagories Product Vendor
UK Plastic Tray Hightech Plastic Engineering Ltd
UK Paper Tray Everlasting Plastic Products Limited
China Plastic Tray Durable Plastic Factory
China Paper Box Paper Craft Ltd
China Paper Box Artist Paper Coporation

-----------------

Please advice and thanks for advanced!

Best regards,
Teres

Anne Troy

Try this, Teres:

http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel .htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Teres" wrote in message
Dear all,

I use Excel XP. If I choose from the Menu, DataSort ... I can only

specify
three fields heading to sort data. How can I sort more than three fields?
For example, I want to sort with the follwong four fields: country,

prodcut
catagories, product and vendor!
------------------
Country Product Catagories Product Vendor
UK Plastic Tray Hightech Plastic Engineering Ltd
UK Paper Tray Everlasting Plastic Products Limited
China Plastic Tray Durable Plastic Factory
China Paper Box Paper Craft Ltd
China Paper Box Artist Paper Coporation

-----------------

Please advice and thanks for advanced!

Best regards,
Teres

Teres

I check from the HELP menu myself and found the method to sort four columns,
is four columns the maximum fields I can sort?

Regards,
Teres
=================
"Teres" bl...
Dear all,

I use Excel XP. If I choose from the Menu, DataSort ... I can only
specify three fields heading to sort data. How can I sort more than three
fields? For example, I want to sort with the follwong four fields:
country, prodcut catagories, product and vendor!
------------------
Country Product Catagories Product Vendor
UK Plastic Tray Hightech Plastic Engineering Ltd
UK Paper Tray Everlasting Plastic Products Limited
China Plastic Tray Durable Plastic Factory
China Paper Box Paper Craft Ltd
China Paper Box Artist Paper Coporation

-----------------

Please advice and thanks for advanced!

Best regards,
Teres

Teres

Thanks and got it!

Regards,
Teres
"Anne Troy" l...

"Teres" wrote in message
Dear all,

I use Excel XP. If I choose from the Menu, DataSort ... I can only

specify
three fields heading to sort data. How can I sort more than three fields?
For example, I want to sort with the follwong four fields: country,

prodcut
catagories, product and vendor!
------------------
Country Product Catagories Product Vendor
UK Plastic Tray Hightech Plastic Engineering Ltd
UK Paper Tray Everlasting Plastic Products Limited
China Plastic Tray Durable Plastic Factory
China Paper Box Paper Craft Ltd
China Paper Box Artist Paper Coporation

-----------------

Please advice and thanks for advanced!

Best regards,
Teres

Earl Kiosterud

Teres,

You can sort on as many columns as you want. Every time you do a sort (up
to three columns), then another, the boxes in Data - Sort of the earlier
sort are as if its boxes were under the boxes for the later sort. Just work
your way from the bottom to the top. It can go on forever.

This is also true of using the quick sort buttons (A-Z) on the standard
toolbar. Only there you can sort on only one column at a time. Again, work
your way backwards.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com