Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing name of a sheet that's part of a formula

I have a spreadsheet with a number of sheets that all feed back to a
summary sheet. Is there a way to keep the summary formulas working if
the name of a sheet gets changed? So for example if I name a sheet a
generic name such as "Sheet B" and later change it to a specific name
("John's Sales") can I set up the formula in such a way that it still
retrieves the data from "Sheet B" even though the name of that sheet
has changed?

Thanks,
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Friesen_brian,

As long as you are using the Sheet names as ranges and not as strings, they
will change automatically when renamed.

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.