Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing part of a formula

Hello

I have a =sum formula:

=SUM('C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew\Desktop\CHK2
minaturisation\[03_Dec07_0243.txt]03_Dec07_0243'!$B$119:$M$126)

that totals the values of an 12 by 8 range.

I would like to have a column of the variables

0243
0244
0245
0246

so I can get the total of each of these data files in the next column.

Could someone suggest an approach?

Many thanks

Andrew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would like to have a column of the variables

0243
0244
0245
0246

so I can get the total of each of these data files in the next column.

Could someone suggest an approach?

Try the sumif worksheet function.

Cliff Edwards