Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem Excel 2003 and 2007 Clients Using Shared Spreadsheet

Hi

We are having a problem with excel files growing from a typical size of
500k - 1mb to over 100mb!
The spreadsheet in question is a xls 2003 file, and works fine if only 2003
clients access it.When a 2007 client accesses it and saves it, it starts to
grow.
The 2007 clients are set to save in 2003 format.

Cant think of any reason this would happen and have tried all I know.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Matt
If I remember correctly, the increase of an Excel file size when saving in a
previous version format is a known issue.
To make sure, just check and save on the Excel2007 client with an Excel 2007
format.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Matt Riley" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi

We are having a problem with excel files growing from a typical size of
500k - 1mb to over 100mb!
The spreadsheet in question is a xls 2003 file, and works fine if only
2003 clients access it.When a 2007 client accesses it and saves it, it
starts to grow.
The 2007 clients are set to save in 2003 format.

Cant think of any reason this would happen and have tried all I know.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If my original idea is correct, then my advice is:
Use the compatibility pack available for Excel 2003 users (Word and
Powerpoint as well)
The converter file name is FileFormatConverters.exe
Its downloadable at Microsoft.com
It will allow Excel 2003 clients to open Excel2007 format files.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

de news: ...