Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007/2003 compatibility problem - copy and paste

I have recently installed Office2007 and am updating a list table from
an excel 2003 worksheet which is now saved in
excel97-2003(compatibilty mode). My table has 7500 rows and 16
columns, each row is in one of three colours, mainly blue, and green
or yellow, separated by various column colours with conditional
formats etc. I am trying to update my list by copying additional
information from a similar new list (which again is saved in
excel97-2003) but when I paste the rows from the new list, the pasted
rows appear only in the one colour - blue, on the original list. (the
red and green rows now paste in blue) The updated table is being sent
to a user who is still using excel 2003. Can anyone please advise why
I am unable to paste all three colours. Many thanks.