Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark

Default Excel 2007 chart problem with existing spreadsheet

Loaded an existing spreadsheet in use since 2003. It was previously
maintained in Excel 2003. It has table of values in descending date order
(newest data at top) and three embedded charts which plot data in ascending
date order from left to right. Two of three charts came across AOK. One
chart did not. It showed cat axis labels in ascending order left to right
but the data points are plotted in descending order left to right. Also, it
has a polynomial trend line that is "strange". All efforts to fix both the
plot order and trend line have been unsuccessful. Have also noticed long,
long delays after changing some chart parameters.

Does Microsoft want this kind of feedback in this group? I will save us
both the trouble if not and someone will tell me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

There is a special newsgroup for excel 2007, I doubt they monitor this. If
you have access to the beta site there are instructions on how to connect to
the beta newsgroup

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Mark" wrote in message
Loaded an existing spreadsheet in use since 2003. It was previously
maintained in Excel 2003. It has table of values in descending date order
(newest data at top) and three embedded charts which plot data in
ascending
date order from left to right. Two of three charts came across AOK. One
chart did not. It showed cat axis labels in ascending order left to right
but the data points are plotted in descending order left to right. Also,
it
has a polynomial trend line that is "strange". All efforts to fix both
the
plot order and trend line have been unsuccessful. Have also noticed long,
long delays after changing some chart parameters.

Does Microsoft want this kind of feedback in this group? I will save us
both the trouble if not and someone will tell me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge

Peo

I think they are trying to monitor these groups as there is no way to access
the beta reporting facilities for the public Beta 2. I think this is helped
by *2007 in the subject line. I have picked up a couple of those I haven't
seen and bugged them myself though

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Mark" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry W. Lewis

If MS (or anyone else) is to sort this out, they probably need to know what
is "strange" about the polynomial trendline. Can you list the data (text in
e-mail, not attachments, please) and describe the observed results?

Jerry