Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry W. Lewis

Default Excel 2007 chart problem with existing spreadsheet

If MS (or anyone else) is to sort this out, they probably need to know what
is "strange" about the polynomial trendline. Can you list the data (text in
e-mail, not attachments, please) and describe the observed results?

Jerry

"Mark" wrote:

Loaded an existing spreadsheet in use since 2003. It was previously
maintained in Excel 2003. It has table of values in descending date order
(newest data at top) and three embedded charts which plot data in ascending
date order from left to right. Two of three charts came across AOK. One
chart did not. It showed cat axis labels in ascending order left to right
but the data points are plotted in descending order left to right. Also, it
has a polynomial trend line that is "strange". All efforts to fix both the
plot order and trend line have been unsuccessful. Have also noticed long,
long delays after changing some chart parameters.

Does Microsoft want this kind of feedback in this group? I will save us
both the trouble if not and someone will tell me.