Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default why does more than one cell highlite when one cell is selected

I select one cell and the one next to it highlites also. Can only get rid of
this by using the arrows. Solutions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This could be problem of merge cells. First check it out whether the cells
are not merged. If it merged remove it. then try.....

"hoffar" wrote:

I select one cell and the one next to it highlites also. Can only get rid of
this by using the arrows. Solutions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If it is not a merged cell problem then I can tell you that I have had this
problem on a number of occations. Really only one cell was selected but it
looked as though two or more were. It definitely is a bug, probably
something to do with screen refresh or display. One solution I found was to
toggle to another program and then toggle back, sometimes that worked.
Sometimes I had to restart Excel.

If any of this helps, please click the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire