Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Putting Multiple Cells into 1

I am currently working on a chart that I need to put the contents of multiple
cells into 1. I have a few issues.

On the chart where the info is placed I have a price $2.50. I want when I
transfer the contents to other cell that is setup with code ="The Price of
that is "&CellwithPrice I have it being put in as "The Price of that is 2.5"

I would also like some cells that are 2 lines. I know if I type then
Alt-Enter it will make me type on a second line. Can I do that when it comes
to formulas I am entering.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope. I just typed this message and posted it. i did not know I was doing
anything to make it stay at the head of the list.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Perhaps you should set your clock or did you intend to stay at the head of
the list. I delete those automatically.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"FormulaQuestioner" wrote in
message ...
I am currently working on a chart that I need to put the contents of
multiple
cells into 1. I have a few issues.

On the chart where the info is placed I have a price $2.50. I want when I
transfer the contents to other cell that is setup with code ="The Price of
that is "&CellwithPrice I have it being put in as "The Price of that is
2.5"

I would also like some cells that are 2 lines. I know if I type then
Alt-Enter it will make me type on a second line. Can I do that when it
comes
to formulas I am entering.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FormulaQuestioner

There is a couple of ways that I would approach something like this:

1) I could do a custom format on the destination cell such as Format
cellcustom select 0.00, now place your curser BEFORE the first zero and

type "The price of that is ", be sure to include the quotes. Then in the
cell you just formated enter =A1 (or what ever cell has the number in it.)

2) You could put "The price of that is" in a cell off somewhere that does
not matter and reference that cell by concatenating. =Concatenate(A1,B1)

I hope this helps

Mike Rogers

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

="The Price of that is: " & text(a1,$#,##0.00")

="The Price of that is: " & char(10) & text(a1,$#,##0.00")

=char(10) is the same as that alt-enter.

Remember to format the cell for wrap text.

FormulaQuestioner wrote:

I am currently working on a chart that I need to put the contents of multiple
cells into 1. I have a few issues.

On the chart where the info is placed I have a price $2.50. I want when I
transfer the contents to other cell that is setup with code ="The Price of
that is "&CellwithPrice I have it being put in as "The Price of that is 2.5"

I would also like some cells that are 2 lines. I know if I type then
Alt-Enter it will make me type on a second line. Can I do that when it comes
to formulas I am entering.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Custom Cell thing worked really well.

Is there a way I can make one where it will have "Words" cell refernce "more
words" different cell refference?

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So how would I put the formula where I will get the following format:

Prewire <A1 $<A2 <new line Unwired <B1 $<B2

I know that new line code is char(10)

Thank-you everyone for the help. You are making my layout alot easier to do.

FormulaQuestioner wrote:

I am currently working on a chart that I need to put the contents of multiple
cells into 1. I have a few issues.

On the chart where the info is placed I have a price $2.50. I want when I
transfer the contents to other cell that is setup with code ="The Price of
that is "&CellwithPrice I have it being put in as "The Price of that is 2.5"

I would also like some cells that are 2 lines. I know if I type then
Alt-Enter it will make me type on a second line. Can I do that when it comes
to formulas I am entering.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FormulaQuestioner

It sounds like you would like to select from a list what you want the
formating to be? I know of no way of doing that, maybe with vba. Normally
one would have to format a cell or group of cells through the custom
formating window as you did earlier. If my assumption is not correct post
back with a little more explaination.

Hope this helps

Mike Rogers

"Don Guillett" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

the formula you need is

="Prewire "&A1&" $"&A2&CHAR(10)&"Unwired "&B1&" $"&B2

The CONCATENATE function and the & operator both do the same thing, but the
second is shorter and easier to use in most cases.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire