Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hiding Sheets in workbook - help

I am trying to create a protected Excel workbook with four or five sheets
(each sheet will be used for different scenarios.) However, when I e-mail
the workbook out, I want only one protected sheet to show. Can anyone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You would need VBA and the use of xlVeryHidden for the sheets and protection
on the VBA project to prevent users from peeking at your code.

Would depend upon user enabling macros and if not, more VBA to meet that
contingency.

Then you must be aware that Excel's internal security is quite weak and
passwords easily cracked.

My take on this is "if you don't want someone to see data, don't include it
in the workbook"

Copy the sheet to a new workbook and send that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:44:02 -0700, burritoj
wrote:

I am trying to create a protected Excel workbook with four or five sheets
(each sheet will be used for different scenarios.) However, when I e-mail
the workbook out, I want only one protected sheet to show. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Active every sheet you want ti hide and then go to menu Format Sheet Hide

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"burritoj" wrote:

I am trying to create a protected Excel workbook with four or five sheets
(each sheet will be used for different scenarios.) However, when I e-mail
the workbook out, I want only one protected sheet to show. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can hide each sheet by choosing Format, Sheet, Hide and then turn on
worksheet protection.

If you don't want them to unhide the sheets, than after they are hidden
choose Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet and leave Structure checks (add a
password or not) In this case they will not have the Unhide command.

You can set the property of a sheet to xlVeryHidden using code or manually.
I will describe the manual method he
1. Choose View, Toolbar, Control Toolbar
2. Click the Properties tool on that toolbar
3. Select the last property Visible and change it to xlSheetVeryHidden

With this setting the sheet will not appear in the Format, Unhide dialog box
although the user can choose the command if any other sheet have been hidden
the regular way.

If that is all you want to do.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"burritoj" wrote:

I am trying to create a protected Excel workbook with four or five sheets
(each sheet will be used for different scenarios.) However, when I e-mail
the workbook out, I want only one protected sheet to show. Can anyone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make that "turn on Workbook protection"

And "Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook" further down.

I stand by my first suggestion of not including anything but the sheet you
want users to see.

Gord