Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Hiding Sheets in workbook - help

Make that "turn on Workbook protection"

And "Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook" further down.

I stand by my first suggestion of not including anything but the sheet you
want users to see.

Gord

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:34:08 -0700, ShaneDevenshire
wrote:

Hi,

You can hide each sheet by choosing Format, Sheet, Hide and then turn on
worksheet protection.

If you don't want them to unhide the sheets, than after they are hidden
choose Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet and leave Structure checks (add a
password or not) In this case they will not have the Unhide command.

You can set the property of a sheet to xlVeryHidden using code or manually.
I will describe the manual method he
1. Choose View, Toolbar, Control Toolbar
2. Click the Properties tool on that toolbar
3. Select the last property Visible and change it to xlSheetVeryHidden

With this setting the sheet will not appear in the Format, Unhide dialog box
although the user can choose the command if any other sheet have been hidden
the regular way.

If that is all you want to do.