Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay Jay is offline

Default COUNT QUESTION

All I want to do is COUNT how many times a letter appears in a column. I have
made up a key using A, B, C, etc. E.g.: count how many times the letter A
appears in a column, how many times the letter B appears, etc.

Thanks
--
JAY

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jay
=COUNTIF(A:A,"A")
will count all occurrences of "A" and "a"
or if you have entered your A, B C in cells in say column C
=COUNTIF(A:A,C1)
Copy down as required
--
Regards