Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Boulder257

Default Count question

Why can't I count the number of cells filled with text? For instance,
let's say I have Column A filled with either Coke or Pepsi. Why can't I
just count the number of Coke?

--
Boulder257
Boulder257's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20053

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

You can use the COUNTIF function. E.g.,

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"coke")

This formula will return the number of times 'coke' appears in
range A1:A10.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Boulder257"
wrote
in message

Why can't I count the number of cells filled with text? For
instance,
let's say I have Column A filled with either Coke or Pepsi. Why
can't I
just count the number of Coke?

--
Boulder257