Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Karlin

Default {=COUNT(IF(etc))} question

This is the stupidest question you can imagine. I don't use the powerful
functions of Excel often enough that I remember them.

I got help when I needed it and now can't even remember what the question I
asked at the time. The help I got explained that when I finished, the
function would be enclosed in curly brackets. Now I can't remember what kind
of expression it is so I can't look up help for it. And of course when I
look at the function the curly brackets disappear and I can't remember the
key sequence to make them work again.

What do I have to do to make the function work again?

Thanks for not laughing at me.

Ben Karlin
St. Louis, Missouri
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic LeVasseur

Hi Ben,

You are talking about an "array formula".

You hold Control-Shift and press Enter.

This will put the brackets in there for you.

Hope that helps.