Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculating every work day between two dates

Hello everybody!
Here is my problem. I have a date (08/28/2008) in cell A1. The column A is
in date format *Wednesday, March 14, 2001. I have a second date in cell B1
09/26/2008.
I like to calculate every working (business) day between the two dates and
like to sort them under A1 in column A. The two dates in A1 and B1 should be
included on the list.

--
Many thanks for your help in advance. Have a wonderful day!
Zsolt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Here is the standard formula

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1,holidays)

This function returns the number of weekdays between the two date excluding
weekends. I you have a holiday(s) to exclued, enter them in a range and then
indicate the range in the 3rd argument. Holidays is optional, if you don't
need it:

=NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)

You can copy this down as far as you need to.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Zsolt Szabó" wrote:

Hello everybody!
Here is my problem. I have a date (08/28/2008) in cell A1. The column A is
in date format *Wednesday, March 14, 2001. I have a second date in cell B1
09/26/2008.
I like to calculate every working (business) day between the two dates and
like to sort them under A1 in column A. The two dates in A1 and B1 should be
included on the list.

--
Many thanks for your help in advance. Have a wonderful day!
Zsolt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

It sounds like you want the list the days (like a calendar) starting from
A2. I assume the days you need are Monday to Friday.

If you can guarantee that the starting date is a weekday, then in A2 put

=A1

otherwise put

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1+1,2)-50,A1+8-WEEKDAY(A1,2),A1)

In A3 put

=IF(A2$B$1,"",IF(WEEKDAY(A2+1,2)-50,A2+8-WEEKDAY(A2,2),A2+1))

and copy it down at least as far as you need. The first part of the formula
will ensure that once the second date is reached, any further rows will be
blank.

--
Ian