Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harley mom

Default Calculating total work week hours

I have done a time sheet in excell. the columns are Employee name, Time in,
Time out, Total Hours,- 30 Minute lunch,total hours worked for the day. I am
now trying to total the number of hours worked for this employee for the
week. I did auto sum but the number will not go past 24. How can i get this
total for the week

Thanks
Louise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi Louise

Format the cell with the summation formula FormatcellsNumberCustom [h]:mm

Regards

Roger Govier

Harley mom wrote:
I have done a time sheet in excell. the columns are Employee name, Time in,
Time out, Total Hours,- 30 Minute lunch,total hours worked for the day. I am
now trying to total the number of hours worked for this employee for the
week. I did auto sum but the number will not go past 24. How can i get this
total for the week

Thanks
Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Number will in fact go beyond 24 but the display will not if you use default
time format, use custom format and instead of hh:mm use [hh]:mm

Peo Sjoblom