Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Eliminate Excel worksheet tab when saving as HTML?

I am trying to save an Excel 2007 worksheet to HTML, but each time the tab
name appears at the bottom along with a wide gray ribbon (see
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~la...hphonebook.htm
for an example.) This was not a problem in Excel 2000. Of course the tab name
and ribbon are totally undesirable. Is there a way to eliminate this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I haven't tried this but you might choose Office Button, Excel Options,
Advanced, and in the Display options for this workbook uncheck Show sheet
tabs.
Then try saving it and see what happens.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Midjack" wrote:

I am trying to save an Excel 2007 worksheet to HTML, but each time the tab
name appears at the bottom along with a wide gray ribbon (see
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~la...hphonebook.htm
for an example.) This was not a problem in Excel 2000. Of course the tab name
and ribbon are totally undesirable. Is there a way to eliminate this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Shane, but that did not work. In Excel the sheet tab disappeared, but
in the IE7 display both the tab and ribbon space were still there. I can get
rid of the sheet tab by deleting the HTML statement "<frame
src="1903tallulahphonebook_files/tabstrip.htm" name="frTabs" marginwidth=0
marginheight=0" but still have the blank ribbon at the bottom. It appears to
be a frame problem. Can I save Excel to HTML without using frames?

Incidentally, Microsoft's notification of your reply came by email, but when
I clicked on it all I got was a blank page. I finally got to your answer by
slowly working my way back to the "Discussion Group" beginning.

Thanks again for your input.

Dick Sevier