Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Random number from a list

I have to generate a random number from a specific list of Numbers, eg:

List 1 List 2 List 3 List 4
2001 2063 2069
2755 3552 2587 2954
3664 3554
3444 5441 4441
3541 4841 3647 the list goes on for some 2000 lines

I cant use Randbetween, because that would produce a number that may not be
in the the specific list. I need to produce 4 numbers at random from each
list, You'll notice that there may be spaces in the table, these spaces
contain an if formula that has been """".

Does anyone know how this can be overcome possibly by using vb code
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you generate a random number between 1 and the number of numbers in the
list. ?
Why is there more than one list and gaps in the list ?
Can it not be in 1 list or multiple lists without gaps ?

You could then work out which number to pick from your list based on the
random number generated.

"leerem" wrote:

I have to generate a random number from a specific list of Numbers, eg:

List 1 List 2 List 3 List 4