Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel quotation

I want to quote value of a cell on differnt tabs, location of the cell is
defined in column B. Now i have

A(tab name) B C
1 aaa H121
=INDIRECT("'" &A1& "'!H121")

How can C1 use B1 in the formula instead of calling "H121" out directly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean this???

=INDIRECT("'" &A1& "'!" & B1)

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"KathyIris" wrote:

I want to quote value of a cell on differnt tabs, location of the cell is
defined in column B. Now i have

A(tab name) B C
1 aaa H121
=INDIRECT("'" &A1& "'!H121")

How can C1 use B1 in the formula instead of calling "H121" out directly?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the same way A1 was included... you just concatenate the text values you
need (if they are in a cell, like the contents of A1 was, you just use the
reference to the cell)...

=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!"&B1)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)