Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I get the message: "The External Table is not in the excpected for

I get this message when I try to refresh from a specific database file. I use
Excel 2003.

The funny thing is that on another PC with Excel 2003 it works fine when I
update.

Can anybody tell what to do to make it work ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I get the message: "The External Table is not in the excpected

Hi Kevin

What do mean ? Correct Connection settings ? Where can I see that ?

"Miguel Cervera" wrote:

I get this message when I try to refresh from a specific database file. I use
Excel 2003.

The funny thing is that on another PC with Excel 2003 it works fine when I
update.

Can anybody tell what to do to make it work ?

Hi Kevin

What do you mean P
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you set up an MS Query in Excel the first line of business is to state
teh database source.

The source could be a Database connection, or queries that you've saved to
the PC or wish to create based upon one of your connections and OLAP cubes.

What I would suggest is looking at the query in the original that's working
and see what it's using as its data source. Then verify that the same data
source is available on the second PC, the one where it's not working.

--
Kevin Backmann

"Miguel Cervera" wrote:

I get this message when I try to refresh from a specific database file. I use
Excel 2003.

The funny thing is that on another PC with Excel 2003 it works fine when I
update.

Can anybody tell what to do to make it work ?

Hi Kevin

What do you mean P

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kevin

How do I see my Database connections..? Is it somewhere in the control
panel or is it in Excel ?

And thanks a 100000 for you help...