Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Disabled Items

Does anybody have any idea about why Excel 2007 adds items in Disabled Items
list.

I have one add-in which I have seen that got added in Disabled Items list
for no reason as I was able to open the same add-in without any problem after
removing it from Disabled Items list. So the add-in does not have any
problem, I believe.

Any information on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess the disabled list correspond to the Add-In list we used to see in
Excel 2003 with a clear checkbox against the Add-In name which essentially
made the Add-In disabled by default... One had to check the box to enable it.
In 2007 one has to move from disabled list to enabled list...

Does this make sense?

"Anand Nichkaode" wrote:

Does anybody have any idea about why Excel 2007 adds items in Disabled Items
list.

I have one add-in which I have seen that got added in Disabled Items list
for no reason as I was able to open the same add-in without any problem after
removing it from Disabled Items list. So the add-in does not have any
problem, I believe.

Any information on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That is what I tried to answer...

This is like buying a bulb... it is in disabled state till you install it...
Same with Add-Ins ... when you get them and copy to the Add-In location they
are disabled... They become enabled when you make them...

Besides the above sometime security settings prevent them to get enabled
till you override the security...

"Anand Nichkaode" wrote:

Does anybody have any idea about why Excel 2007 adds items in Disabled Items
list.

I have one add-in which I have seen that got added in Disabled Items list
for no reason as I was able to open the same add-in without any problem after
removing it from Disabled Items list. So the add-in does not have any
problem, I believe.

Any information on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for quick response.

There are couple of things,
- I do not install my add-in, I pass the add-in name from command line to
Excel and it gets loaded.
- The particular add-in was working perfectly before getting added to
disabled items list.

When Excel tries to load the add-in and fails to load, it gives a message
first that time that it was not able to load the add-in. If we try it second
time it says that there have been problem loading the add-in and is added in
disabled items list.

My add-in is and XLAM file.

Thanks in advance.

"Anand Nichkaode" wrote:

Does anybody have any idea about why Excel 2007 adds items in Disabled Items
list.

I have one add-in which I have seen that got added in Disabled Items list
for no reason as I was able to open the same add-in without any problem after
removing it from Disabled Items list. So the add-in does not have any
problem, I believe.

Any information on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I get your point... I don't have an answer other than that sometimes this
happens... :-(
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Even I have seen that. But there should be some logic to it.

Thanks anyway.