Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default page breaks not cooperating

Hi... I'm trying really hard to break a worksheet into six or seven pages - 1
wide by seven tall. Sounds simple enough, but I'm having a devil of a time
accomplishing this. Have gotten it to work in the past but it's fickle. Are
there specific chronological steps that should be taken each time?

I also need the same header row and gridlines on each page.

Please let me know.
Chris
--
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From worksheet view:

Page Setup

Under Page tab, scaling - Select Fit to 1 - 7 pages

Under sheet tab, Row to Repeat at Top: A:A for Row A only.

click Gridlines in Print section below.

"learningaccess" wrote:

Hi... I'm trying really hard to break a worksheet into six or seven pages - 1
wide by seven tall. Sounds simple enough, but I'm having a devil of a time
accomplishing this. Have gotten it to work in the past but it's fickle. Are
there specific chronological steps that should be taken each time?

I also need the same header row and gridlines on each page.

Please let me know.
Chris
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for your advice but it did not answer my question. I need seven
separate page breaks in particular places to print out seven pages of
information that share the same header info. I'm having the problem with
inserting the page breaks where I want them. they're not inserting.

--
Thanks!

From worksheet view:

"learningaccess" wrote:

Hi... I'm trying really hard to break a worksheet into six or seven pages - 1
wide by seven tall. Sounds simple enough, but I'm having a devil of a time
accomplishing this. Have gotten it to work in the past but it's fickle. Are
there specific chronological steps that should be taken each time?

I also need the same header row and gridlines on each page.

Please let me know.
Chris
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh, so you want them in different place, then don't use fit to. That will not
allow manual page breaks.

Highlight your desired Row or column and click Insert - Page Break.

If you have extra ones you don't want, go to View - Page Break Preview and
click/drag the blue lines to get them out of the way.

the page header issue would be the same as below.

"learningaccess" wrote:

thanks for your advice but it did not answer my question. I need seven
separate page breaks in particular places to print out seven pages of
information that share the same header info. I'm having the problem with
inserting the page breaks where I want them. they're not inserting.

--
Thanks!

From worksheet view:

"learningaccess" wrote:

Hi... I'm trying really hard to break a worksheet into six or seven pages - 1
wide by seven tall. Sounds simple enough, but I'm having a devil of a time
accomplishing this. Have gotten it to work in the past but it's fickle. Are
there specific chronological steps that should be taken each time?

I also need the same header row and gridlines on each page.

Please let me know.
Chris
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you move to row below the point where you want to insert a page break and
click INSERT in the menu and select PAGE BREAK?

By Header do you mean repeating rows or columns, or row & column headings?
If yes you would find those on the menu under FILE, PAGE SETUP. Then click
the SHEET tab as set repeating rows or click the checkbox to indicate
row/column headings.

If you want a custom header/footer click the HEADER/FOOTER tab and make your
entry there.
--
Kevin Backmann

"learningaccess" wrote:

thanks for your advice but it did not answer my question. I need seven
separate page breaks in particular places to print out seven pages of
information that share the same header info. I'm having the problem with
inserting the page breaks where I want them. they're not inserting.

--
Thanks!

From worksheet view:

"learningaccess" wrote:

Hi... I'm trying really hard to break a worksheet into six or seven pages - 1
wide by seven tall. Sounds simple enough, but I'm having a devil of a time
accomplishing this. Have gotten it to work in the past but it's fickle. Are
there specific chronological steps that should be taken each time?

I also need the same header row and gridlines on each page.

Please let me know.
Chris
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi kevin and sean...

I did what you said... inserting a page break beneath the row in question.
it just won't take. the page number doesn't renumber. It's not working. is
there a glitch with this function in any versions of exceL?

I have gotten it to work on a similar spreadsheet but it's not working on
this one for some reason.
--
Thanks!

"learningaccess" wrote:

thanks for your advice but it did not answer my question. I need seven
separate page breaks in particular places to print out seven pages of
information that share the same header info. I'm having the problem with
inserting the page breaks where I want them. they're not inserting.

--
Thanks!

From worksheet view:

"learningaccess" wrote:

Hi... I'm trying really hard to break a worksheet into six or seven pages - 1
wide by seven tall. Sounds simple enough, but I'm having a devil of a time
accomplishing this. Have gotten it to work in the past but it's fickle. Are
there specific chronological steps that should be taken each time?

I also need the same header row and gridlines on each page.

Please let me know.
Chris
--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So, you're getting 7 pages, but the page numbers aren't there or aren't going
1 - 7 then?

If that's the cae, go to View - Header and Footer... and ensure "Page 1"
(without the quotes) is selected.

If that doesn't rfix it, then I'd start questioning your workbook...

"learningaccess" wrote:

thanks for your advice but it did not answer my question. I need seven
separate page breaks in particular places to print out seven pages of
information that share the same header info. I'm having the problem with
inserting the page breaks where I want them. they're not inserting.

--
Thanks!

From worksheet view: