Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Office 2007

I know you can't do anything about it, but I've been using Office 2007 for a
week or so and can't stand it.

Very few things are where they need to be. And some is counter-intuitive
altogether.

F'rinstance If you want to insert a row or column, you don't go to the
INSERT menu, you go to HOME-INSERT.

I know, I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I have 21 years
invested in EXCEL and I think they really screwed the pooch on this one.

You all have my sympathy for the extra work you'll pick up here because of
MS's decisions.

JPC
--
JP Cummings

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I know that's a way. I just used this as an example of how counterintuitive
MS has become.

Office 2007 is a loser and a waste of my time.

Thanks anyway.

--
JP Cummings

"Don Guillett" wrote:

May I suggest that you just hilite the row number or column letter and right
click.
Pls don't feel tooooo foolish

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Cummings" wrote in message
I know you can't do anything about it, but I've been using Office 2007 for
week or so and can't stand it.

Very few things are where they need to be. And some is counter-intuitive
altogether.

F'rinstance If you want to insert a row or column, you don't go to the
INSERT menu, you go to HOME-INSERT.

I know, I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I have 21 years
invested in EXCEL and I think they really screwed the pooch on this one.

You all have my sympathy for the extra work you'll pick up here because of
MS's decisions.

JPC
--
JP Cummings

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are not alone. I would say most people that are intermediate or above
users
will have serious problems to keep up their productivity.

Peo Sjoblom

"Cummings" wrote in message
I know you can't do anything about it, but I've been using Office 2007
for
week or so and can't stand it.

Very few things are where they need to be. And some is
counter-intuitive
altogether.

F'rinstance If you want to insert a row or column, you don't go to the
INSERT menu, you go to HOME-INSERT.

I know, I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I have 21 years
invested in EXCEL and I think they really screwed the pooch on this
one.

You all have my sympathy for the extra work you'll pick up here because
of
MS's decisions.

JPC
--
JP Cummings

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is not so bad

Excel 2007 is the product of all customer feedback MS received.
Not look back but try to see the positive things and give feedback so that Excel 14 is better.

Btw

F'rinstance If you want to insert a row or column, you don't go to the
INSERT menu, you go to HOME-INSERT.

It is faster to use this in every Excel version <g

Ctrl +

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Cummings" wrote in message ...
I know you can't do anything about it, but I've been using Office 2007 for a
week or so and can't stand it.

Very few things are where they need to be. And some is counter-intuitive
altogether.

F'rinstance If you want to insert a row or column, you don't go to the
INSERT menu, you go to HOME-INSERT.

I know, I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I have 21 years
invested in EXCEL and I think they really screwed the pooch on this one.

You all have my sympathy for the extra work you'll pick up here because of
MS's decisions.

JPC
--
JP Cummings

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

2007 at home and 2003 at work. Been using 2007 a lot at home and have the
feeling that I'm getting the hang of it. Actually its becoming a "problem"
using 2003 when I'm back at work. I think 2007 deserves a better reputation
than its got....

"Ron de Bruin" skrev i melding

"Cummings" wrote in message
I know you can't do anything about it, but I've been using Office 2007 for
a week or so and can't stand it.

Very few things are where they need to be. And some is counter-intuitive
altogether.

F'rinstance If you want to insert a row or column, you don't go to the
INSERT menu, you go to HOME-INSERT.

I know, I'll probably get used to it eventually, but I have 21 years
invested in EXCEL and I think they really screwed the pooch on this one.

You all have my sympathy for the extra work you'll pick up here because
of MS's decisions.

JPC
--
JP Cummings

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If MS get a vote from excel users, the majority will vote against
excel 2007. I fully agree with JPC.
Aqib Rizvi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And going forward with Excel I vote for 2007.

Aqib Rizvi wrote:

If MS get a vote from excel users, the majority will vote against
excel 2007. I fully agree with JPC.
Aqib Rizvi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo Sjoblom wrote:
You are not alone. I would say most people that are intermediate or above
users
will have serious problems to keep up their productivity.

Not really. Anyone who uses keyboard shortcuts regularly shouldn't have
much of a problem adapting to Excel 2007. I agree the mouse interface
has changed drastically.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have actually been using Office 2007 Ultimate almost since it came out and
have found the whole suite much easier than 2003. The bottom line is - as
with any new program - you have to get used to the interface. 2007 has so
many more things that the program intuitively knows and does. Right clicking
my mouse has become a regular habbit because so many of the common tasks like
you are mentioning are there in the pop-up.

Good luck with 2007! Now, let's just hope that Microsoft brings the suite
(especially Groove) up to x64 bit capabilities soon!