Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to change font colour in unlocked cell of protected sheet

I have protected a worksheet and unlocked a range of cells for editing but I
cannot change the font colour or fill the colour of these cells though I can
write in them. Do you know how to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

When you protect the sheet ensure you select

Allow user to format cells

This does apply to both locked and unlocked cells. If you have a problem
with that then protect with the above and

Allow users to select Unlocked cells unchecked.

Mike

Mike

"Michelle" wrote:

I have protected a worksheet and unlocked a range of cells for editing but I
cannot change the font colour or fill the colour of these cells though I can
write in them. Do you know how to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unprotect the sheet then re-protect with "Format Cells" enabled under "allow
users to"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP