Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default bar code scanner

I am looking to purchase a simple barcode scanner that I can do inventory
with. All I need it to do is scan the UPC, have a way to enter a quantity,
then be able to upload this info into an excel spreadsheet. I would like to
find something for under $500. Any ideas and/or recommendations?
Thanks! Lynette
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
this seems to be a hardware question more than an excel question.
do a google on "barcode scanners". you will find that you will pay as little
as $60 and as much as $2000. shop around. research too.
barcodes are just another font like arial or wingdings. i know that xl97 and
xl2k had 3 of 9 barcode font standard. but i am using 2003 now, i
checked....not there....hummm. not sure if microdsoft discontinued or if i
didn't install 2003 properly. not sure about 2007.
but barcode fonts can be downloaded from the net and free. 3 of 9 is pretty
standare. i have heard it called code 39 but not sure if it's the same.
AVOID PROPRIETARY BARCODE FONTS!!!!!!!!
am i screaming loud enought? i may not be able to scream louder but i can
scream longer if you require.
this may be an internal thing for you so it may not make any difference but
it may be nice to be standard with the world if needed. just in case.

regards
FST1