Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Scanner to Excel

I would like to scan my receipts and import them into Excel, does anyone know
of a way to do that?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
no way to do that. a scanned document is an image(picture) and excel can
display images in various picture formats but cannot read them as a document.

sorry.
FSt1

"agrin" wrote:

I would like to scan my receipts and import them into Excel, does anyone know
of a way to do that?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

agrin,

If these are store receipts, it'll be a big task. Your scanner probably has OCR software,
but you'll have to manually pick the relevant data. Might be better to hand key it.

--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"agrin" wrote in message
I would like to scan my receipts and import them into Excel, does anyone know
of a way to do that?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With a scanner and a really good OCR application you will get most of your data
scanned as a text file which you open in Excel.

My experience has been that somewhat less than 100% is the norm but could be my
OCR application is not that great.

I just tried a couple of receipts and they came out quite well.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:20:02 -0800, agrin
wrote:

I would like to scan my receipts and import them into Excel, does anyone know
of a way to do that?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FSt1

With a good OCR application you can scan to a text file and open that in Excel.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP