vas

Default Can you import data from a scanner into an excel spreadsheet?

Can you import data from a scanner into an excel spreadsheet?
Dave Peterson

My scanner can create an xls file, but I don't think it can start excel and
import what it scans.

And I don't know of any way to start the scanner from excel, scan the document,
and do the import.

--

Dave Peterson
swatsp0p

Yes, but you need special OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software
to accomplish this. Check your scanner's web site. They may have
something available for download.

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101