Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data valiation, dropdown list question

I'm creating a document for a hospital that keeps track of different types of
patients and tallys each time an option from the drop downlist is selected.
There are two different dropdown lists for each patient. What I need to know
is if its possible to create a conditional statement so that a patient is
counted only if the two drop down lists meet a specific combination. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume drop downs are in A1:A10 and B1:B10

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="condition1"),--(B1:B10="condition2"))

If the conditions are *text* enclose them in quotes as above. If the
conditions are numeric values *do not enclose them in quotes*.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jesse Blanchard" wrote in
message ...
I'm creating a document for a hospital that keeps track of different types
of
patients and tallys each time an option from the drop downlist is
selected.
There are two different dropdown lists for each patient. What I need to
know
is if its possible to create a conditional statement so that a patient is
counted only if the two drop down lists meet a specific combination.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, it is. What constitutes "a patient is counted"? What are the options
is each dropdown list and what are the "specific" combinations? HTH Otto
"Jesse Blanchard" wrote in
message ...