Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sumif problem

I am trying to add how much production was done at our facility per week. I
have 2 worksheets one for a weekly total and one for daily production. I want
to enter the data in the daily spreadsheet and then have a formula add the
production numbers based on the dates that fall in that work week.
October 1st is the first so I do not need a greater than and less than
formula for that one only a greater than 10-5-08 formula. For week 1 in
October I tried =sumif('Daily Production'!A3:367,"<A3",'Daily
Production'!B3:B376) but it comes back zero. I also need to know how to get
the numbers for week 10-5-08 thru 10-11-08 11 and so on for the rest of the
year.

This is what my spreadsheets look like:

Week
Worked" # Sorted
10/1/2008
10/5/2008
10/12/2008
10/19/2008
10/26/2008

Day # Sorted
10/1/2008 100
10/2/2008 100
10/3/2008 100
10/4/2008 100
10/5/2008 100
10/6/2008 100
10/7/2008 100
10/8/2008 100
10/9/2008 100

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks!! This did not work, I don't think I explained it right. I have a
workbook with 2 worksheets. Worksheet #1 is "weekly production" and is set up
by the week starting on every sunday. Worksheet #2 is "daily production".
What I am currently doing is entering the daily production in and then
calculate how much was done for the week and enter the totals into the weekly
spreadsheet. What I want to do is enter the data in the "daily production"
worksheet and then have a formula in the "weekly Production" worksheet that
will link it from the daily over to the weekly and add it on its own. On the
daily production and weekly sheet the dates start in a3 and then the # of
product sorted starts in c3 on the weekly sheet and b3 on the daily sheet.
Please help!!

"Don Guillett" wrote:

where a1 and a2 have dates
=sumproduct((a3:a367=a1)*(a3:a367<a2)*b3:b367)

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dena" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you like, send your workbook to my address below along with snippets of
these msgs. so I will know what its about.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dena" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT(('Daliy Production'!$A$3:$A$367=$A3)*('Daliy
Production'!$A$3:$A$367<=$A4)*'Daliy Production'!B$3:B$367)
copy across and down

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel