Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUMIF problem

I have a spreadsheet that adds hours of two different units (unit1 and
unit2). Under each unit heading I have two cells keeping a total for that
unit. What I would like to do is for Cell1, of each unit, show total figure
up to and including a figure in cell A1 then totals above the figure in A1 to
continue to be summed in cell2.
--
Hoyos

Was this post helpful to you?
Reply Top

JE McGimpsey 9/4/2007 2:08 PM PST

one way:

Cell1: =MIN(SUMIF(...),A1)
Cell2: =MAX(0, SUMIF(...)-Cell1)

In article ,
Hoyos wrote:

Click to show or hide original message or reply text.

I have a spreadsheet that adds hours of two different units (unit1 and
unit2). Under each unit heading I have two cells keeping a total for that
unit. What I would like to do is for Cell1, of each unit, show total figure
up to and including a figure in cell A1 then totals above the figure in A1 to
continue to be summed in cell2.

Did this post answer the question?
Reply Top

T. Valko 9/4/2007 2:08 PM PST

Totals from where? I think you need to provide more DETAILS and a sample
with the expected results.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hoyos" wrote in message

Click to show or hide original message or reply text.

I have a spreadsheet that adds hours of two different units (unit1 and
unit2). Under each unit heading I have two cells keeping a total for that
unit. What I would like to do is for Cell1, of each unit, show total
figure
up to and including a figure in cell A1 then totals above the figure in A1
continue to be summed in cell2.
--
Hoyos

Did this post answer the question?
Reply Top

Hoyos 9/4/2007 2:29 PM PST

Here is a sample:
A1= 0:20 (Time)

A B
Unit Time
1 0:25
2 0:10
1 0:10
1 0:20
2 0:10
Total 1:15

In cell G1 Unit1 Total under cell A1
G2 Above cell A1

In cell H1 Unit2 Total under cell A1
H2 Above cell A1

Is it possible for the figures under cell A1. When reaching that figure it
freezes.

--
Hoyos

"Hoyos" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that adds hours of two different units (unit1 and
unit2). Under each unit heading I have two cells keeping a total for that
unit. What I would like to do is for Cell1, of each unit, show total
figure
up to and including a figure in cell A1 then totals above the figure in A1
continue to be summed in cell2.
--
Hoyos

Was this post helpful to you?
Reply Top

Sandy Mann 9/4/2007 4:14 PM PST

Do you mean you want a sum of all the cells of Unit 1 with a value of 0:20
or less and another of cells with a value greater than 0:20?

If so then use:

Unit 1 value 0:20 (in C1) or less:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A6=1)*(B2:B6<=C1)*B2:B6)

Unit 1 value over 0:20:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A6=1)*(B2:B6C1)*B2:B6)

Unit 2 value 0:20 or less:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A6=2)*(B2:B6<=C1)*B2:B6)

Unit 2 value over 0:20:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A6=2)*(B2:B6C1)*B2:B6)

I assumed that values of exactly 0:20 are counted with the less than 0:20

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Hoyos" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that adds hours of two different units (unit1 and
unit2). Under each unit heading I have two cells keeping a total for
that
unit. What I would like to do is for Cell1, of each unit, show total
figure
up to and including a figure in cell A1 then totals above the figure in
A1
continue to be summed in cell2.
--
Hoyos

Did this post answer the question?
Reply Top

T. Valko 9/4/2007 7:10 PM PST

OK, still not sure what kind of results you're expecting.

Are these the results you expect:

Unit1 Cell1 - 0:20
Unit1 Cell2 - 0:35

Unit2 Cell1 - 0:20
Unit2 Cell2 - 0:00

If those are the results you're looking for use JE's formulas.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hoyos" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that adds hours of two different units (unit1 and
unit2). Under each unit heading I have two cells keeping a total for
that
unit. What I would like to do is for Cell1, of each unit, show total
figure
up to and including a figure in cell A1 then totals above the figure in
A1
continue to be summed in cell2.
--
Hoyos

Did this post answer the question?
Reply Top

Hoyos 9/6/2007 12:45 AM PST

Sorry, I am being vague.
What I need is to find out what percentage use of both unit1&2 up to 41:40
hours and in a different cell what percentage use between 41:40 hours to 900
hours.
For billing purposes: Unit1 has a budget of 30% under 41:40 hours and I need
to find out if unit1 goes above 30%.
And above 41:40 hours Unit1 has 25% budget. Unit2 would be the remainder of
the hours.
I hope its made it abit clearer.
--
Hoyos