Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default absolute cell references

Hi Guys,

I collect 3 columns of data every day. I have about 25 days worth of data,
and I store it in columns A,B,C E,F,G I,J,K etc. The columns go up to
CW,CX,CY or so. Each day I delete the oldest data (in Cols A,B,C). All the
data moves to the left, and I add the latest days data in Cols CW,CX,CY,
which are then empty.

On a second worksheet I reference this data. My problem is that as I delete
columns in the first worksheet, the references in the second worksheet
change. I dont want the references to change. I have tried using the $
sign for this, but it doesnt work here. Im using Excel 2003. Any
suggestions?

Rusty.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1) You can use indirect() with the cell address in quotation marks so it is
a constant, or
2) Prior to deleting columns, you can select all the formulas that reference
that worksheet and Search/Replace the leading = sign with '= (single quote &
=) to convert the formulas to text, then after the column deletion do another
search/replace to undo the '=