Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell References absolute?

My knowledge of Macros is that I know how to record them and not much else!

I want to pick a cell and copy it down 3 rows - and then delete the original
cells.

The next month I need to pick the new cells and then copy them down another
3 cells.

I can use ctrl down arrow to find the first bit of data but when I select it
it gives an absolute range

Range("E6:F6").Select

This means the next month it picks up the cells I deleted earlier - not the
new value that is now 3 cells lower.

How can I change this so it doesn't have an absolute reference and will
simply pick up the first 2 cells it comes across?

Thanks for any help with this...

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

use:

Sub kopying()
Selection.Copy
ActiveCell.Offset(3, 0).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jarek - thanks for this I'm still struggling - in my code where does your sub
go?

Thanks Bob

Range("C1").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Range("C7:D7").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("C10").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("C7:D7").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.ClearContents
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

"BobC" wrote:

My knowledge of Macros is that I know how to record them and not much else!

I want to pick a cell and copy it down 3 rows - and then delete the original
cells.

The next month I need to pick the new cells and then copy them down another
3 cells.

I can use ctrl down arrow to find the first bit of data but when I select it
it gives an absolute range

Range("E6:F6").Select

This means the next month it picks up the cells I deleted earlier - not the
new value that is now 3 cells lower.

How can I change this so it doesn't have an absolute reference and will
simply pick up the first 2 cells it comes across?

Thanks for any help with this...

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jarek,