Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting Questions

Why does the formatting change when i transfer a worksheet from one computer
to another using a USB drive? I make sure the margins and everything are set
to the same on both computers. We are using XP to XP and the same Excel 2003.
It changes on Vista also but I can expect that I guess but not the same
system. Anyone have a simple solutions that I have not found yet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I had to guess, I would say the user's Windows Display Settings are the
culprit, specifically the Screen Display Font Size (normal font size 96 dpi,
large font size 120 dpi, and any scaled value between them). This setting
has cause innumerable problems for the compiled VB world where I originally
did my online volunteering and I can well image it being behind the problem
you raise. In the compiled VB world, there are things that can be done to
less the impact of the variations due to this setting, but I'm not sure what
might be available here in the Excel world.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Doug J." <Doug wrote in message
Why does the formatting change when i transfer a worksheet from one
computer
to another using a USB drive? I make sure the margins and everything are
set
to the same on both computers. We are using XP to XP and the same Excel
2003.
It changes on Vista also but I can expect that I guess but not the same
system. Anyone have a simple solutions that I have not found yet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Rick. I will try that. I know enough about Excel to be dangerous and
am self taught.
I appreciate your help sir.

Doug Jeffrey

"Doug J." <Doug wrote in message
Why does the formatting change when i transfer a worksheet from one
computer
to another using a USB drive? I make sure the margins and everything are
set
to the same on both computers. We are using XP to XP and the same Excel
2003.
It changes on Vista also but I can expect that I guess but not the same
system. Anyone have a simple solutions that I have not found yet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could also be a printer driver problem.

Excel uses the printer driver for page setup features like margins and
pagesize.

Both computers/systems using same printer or different?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Doug J." <Doug wrote in message
Why does the formatting change when i transfer a worksheet from one
computer
to another using a USB drive? I make sure the margins and everything are
set
to the same on both computers. We are using XP to XP and the same Excel
2003.
It changes on Vista also but I can expect that I guess but not the same
system. Anyone have a simple solutions that I have not found yet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rick,

That didn't work. The settings are both set at 96dpi.
The margins on the print set up is what changes. In other words when I set
my margins on my computer it changes when I share the information with other
computers in the office. They have to go in and change every margin in the
worksheets.