B.Kundla

Default Two questions

1. Is there a way to make a header show only on page one?

2. I have a column that shows the grades students are in. I usually sort
them by grade, but use K for kindergarten, so kindergarten always comes up at
the end of the list, instead at the beginning where I want them. I need them
to print out as K. Is there a way to make K = 0? If so, I would rather do
this than label them all as 0 and have to change it to K when I print out my
list.

Thank you.

B.Kundla
Anne Troy

1. If it only appears on one page, it's not really a header. Just place it
in the top of your worksheet (I use textboxes).
2. Try a find and replace. Find K and Replace with 0. You can record a macro
that makes K = 0, and another that makes 0 = K. See:
Then take the code that gets created from it and put it in your
Workbook_BeforePrint event. Let us know if you need more help with that.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"B.Kundla" wrote in message
1. Is there a way to make a header show only on page one?

2. I have a column that shows the grades students are in. I usually sort
them by grade, but use K for kindergarten, so kindergarten always comes up
at
the end of the list, instead at the beginning where I want them. I need
them
to print out as K. Is there a way to make K = 0? If so, I would rather do
this than label them all as 0 and have to change it to K when I print out
my
list.

Thank you.

B.Kundla

B.Kundla

Anne,

Thank you so much. You've answered questions that have plagued me for years!
This site is so helpful!

B.Kundla

"B.Kundla" wrote in message
1. Is there a way to make a header show only on page one?

2. I have a column that shows the grades students are in. I usually sort
them by grade, but use K for kindergarten, so kindergarten always comes up
at
the end of the list, instead at the beginning where I want them. I need
them
to print out as K. Is there a way to make K = 0? If so, I would rather do
this than label them all as 0 and have to change it to K when I print out
my
list.

Thank you.

B.Kundla

Anne Troy

So happy to help. :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"B.Kundla" wrote in message
1. Is there a way to make a header show only on page one?

2. I have a column that shows the grades students are in. I usually
sort
them by grade, but use K for kindergarten, so kindergarten always comes
up
at
the end of the list, instead at the beginning where I want them. I need
them
to print out as K. Is there a way to make K = 0? If so, I would rather
do
this than label them all as 0 and have to change it to K when I print
out
my
list.

Thank you.

B.Kundla

Eric

B.,

Another way to deal with your second problem would be to use a custom number
format to make all zeros show up as "k". This would let you enter
kindergarten as 0, have it come to the top when you sort, and show up as a
"k".

Highlight the cells, click Format/Cells/Number, custom, and in the box under
the word "Type:", type "0,0,k" (no quotation marks)

Eric