Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003

I am working with a spreadsheet that keeps track of payment sent to
certain a attorneys. The report is then distributed. Some attorneys are
paid for several matters, so they have several rows. What I would like to do
if possible is group eliminate the redundance of attorney names. Is there a
way to group them.

Ex.
Attroney Type Subject 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr YTD YTD%
ABC KL Litigatiion 100 250 450 450
1250
ABC KL Handbook 100 100 100 100 400
CDE BL Litigation 100 100 100 100
400

Is ther a way to group it so that is show like this:

ABC KL Litigation 100 250 450 450 1250
Handbook 100 100 100 100
400
CDE BL Litigation 100 100 100 100
400

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may try the OUTLINE function...
For details visit
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...033&mode=print

The way you want the data is not a good solution if you have 4-5 or more
rows for one lawyer...

"Nydia" wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet that keeps track of payment sent to
certain a attorneys. The report is then distributed. Some attorneys are
paid for several matters, so they have several rows. What I would like to do
if possible is group eliminate the redundance of attorney names. Is there a
way to group them.

Ex.
Attroney Type Subject 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr YTD YTD%
ABC KL Litigatiion 100 250 450 450
1250
ABC KL Handbook 100 100 100 100 400
CDE BL Litigation 100 100 100 100
400

Is ther a way to group it so that is show like this:

ABC KL Litigation 100 250 450 450 1250
Handbook 100 100 100 100
400
CDE BL Litigation 100 100 100 100
400

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There may multiple rows for a lawyer or it may just be one. If this is not a
good solution, what would be a good solution? They way it is set up
(previous employee) it is not able to filter or subtotal because they have it
like this
ABC KL Litigation 100 250 450 450 1250
Handbook 100 100 100 100

So i decided to fill in the blanks, but then there is alot of duplicate
lawyers names. and for reporting, they do not want to see ti that way. Any
suggestions is greatly appreciated.

"Nydia" wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet that keeps track of payment sent to
certain a attorneys. The report is then distributed. Some attorneys are
paid for several matters, so they have several rows. What I would like to do
if possible is group eliminate the redundance of attorney names. Is there a
way to group them.

Ex.
Attroney Type Subject 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr YTD YTD%
ABC KL Litigatiion 100 250 450 450
1250
ABC KL Handbook 100 100 100 100 400
CDE BL Litigation 100 100 100 100
400

Is ther a way to group it so that is show like this:

ABC KL Litigation 100 250 450 450 1250
Handbook 100 100 100 100
400
CDE BL Litigation 100 100 100 100
400

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you share the data with me? My id is .

It will be easier if I have data to work with.

One of the way you can do what you want is with PIVOTTABLE...

"Nydia" wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet that keeps track of payment sent to
certain a attorneys. The report is then distributed. Some attorneys are
paid for several matters, so they have several rows. What I would like to do
if possible is group eliminate the redundance of attorney names. Is there a
way to group them.

Ex.
Attroney Type Subject 1st Qtr 2nd Qtr 3rd Qtr 4th Qtr YTD YTD%
ABC KL Litigatiion 100 250 450 450
1250
ABC KL Handbook 100 100 100 100 400
CDE BL Litigation 100 100 100 100
400

Is ther a way to group it so that is show like this:

ABC KL Litigation 100 250 450 450 1250
Handbook 100 100 100 100
400
CDE BL Litigation 100 100 100 100
400

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I will go ahead and email it to you know. there are 3 tabs. 1st tab is the
data. 2nd tab is my attempt to do a pivot table, which does not work because
it puts the sum of 1,2,3 & 4th Qtr. in each section. and 3rd tab is the way
it is currently done, which does not allow for filter or any other function.

Thanks for all your help.