Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Diving 1 cell question

HELP! I am trying to divide a single cell to where I can type a fraction
like result. I need the horizontal border in the cell to divide the cell but
I need to type one word on top of the border and one word on the bottom.
Here is somewhat of an example:
Fd/Fm (this should be in one cell with the "Fd" on the top left of the cell
and the "Fm" on the bottom right while the cell still appears as split with
the horizontal line in the middle "dividing" the cell).
Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can anyone help ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

="fd" & CHAR(10) & "------" & CHAR(10) & "fm" and format the cell with wrap on.

adjust either the column width or the number of minus signs to give a
visually acceptable result.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200803

"Jennifer" wrote:

HELP! I am trying to divide a single cell to where I can type a fraction
like result. I need the horizontal border in the cell to divide the cell but
I need to type one word on top of the border and one word on the bottom.
Here is somewhat of an example:
Fd/Fm (this should be in one cell with the "Fd" on the top left of the cell
and the "Fm" on the bottom right while the cell still appears as split with
the horizontal line in the middle "dividing" the cell).
Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can anyone help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your reply however this answer is a bit over my head. Can you
explain in more general terms? Also, I just used "fd" and "fm" as an example,
I need to enter various words/letters and not just those.
Thank you again for your answer. Please further clarify if possible.

"Jennifer" wrote:

HELP! I am trying to divide a single cell to where I can type a fraction
like result. I need the horizontal border in the cell to divide the cell but
I need to type one word on top of the border and one word on the bottom.
Here is somewhat of an example:
Fd/Fm (this should be in one cell with the "Fd" on the top left of the cell
and the "Fm" on the bottom right while the cell still appears as split with
the horizontal line in the middle "dividing" the cell).
Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can anyone help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you copy the formula from my first response and paste it in a cell, it
should display your desired result.

You can replace "fd" and "fm" with any other text. You can also replace
them with cell references.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200803

"Jennifer" wrote:

HELP! I am trying to divide a single cell to where I can type a fraction
like result. I need the horizontal border in the cell to divide the cell but
I need to type one word on top of the border and one word on the bottom.
Here is somewhat of an example:
Fd/Fm (this should be in one cell with the "Fd" on the top left of the cell
and the "Fm" on the bottom right while the cell still appears as split with
the horizontal line in the middle "dividing" the cell).
Does anyone know what I am talking about? Can anyone help ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Revising the formula a bit...........

=A1&CHAR(10)&REPT("_",LEN(A1))&CHAR(10)&B1

Enter the formula in C1 and the text in A1 and B1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP